- According to the forecast of APC - Inform, the export potential of barley from Russia will reach 3.5 million tons in 2021/22, which is 44% less than 2020/21 - 6.3 million tons.
- In August, 2.18 million tons of wheat were exported from Australia, which is 13% more than in July - 1.93 million tons. The largest buyers were Vietnam with 434,100 tons, the Philippines with 302,800 tons and Indonesia with 253,000 tons.
- Turkey and announced a tender for the purchase of 300,000 tons of milled wheat of any origin and delivery in December.
- According to the Solvent Extractors Association of India, the import of vegetable oils in the country reached 1.69 million tons in September (1.01 in August and 1.04 in September 2020). Palm oil imports were 1.26 million tons (750,000 in August) and soyoil imports were 245,800 tons (182,400). Sunseed oil imports reached 180,600 tons (71,300 and 66,700), including 70,300 tons from Ukraine, 60,100 tons from Russia and 50,100 tons from Argentina.
- Pakistan held a tender for the purchase of 90,000 tons of milling wheat of any origin and delivery in January 2022. The offered prices were in the range of 388.83 - 399.74 USD/ton.
- Iran is expected to import a record 8 million tons of wheat this season. Due to a severe drought, the wheat production in the country is projected to decrease by 30%.