- According to SovEcon's forecast, the export of wheat from Russia in March will be 4.2 million tons, which is twice as much as the previous season. Last week, exports were 1 million tons (0.8 a week earlier). As of February 1, 2023, wheat stocks in the agricultural organizations of Russia were 19.8 million tons (+78% compared to the average multi-year level).
- From the beginning of the season to 15.03.2023, 34,734 million tons of grain were exported from Ukraine, including 2.437 million tonsin March. Wheat exports reached 11,989 million tons (651,000), barley exports were 2,141 million tons (91,000) and 16.6 million tons of corn (1,686) were exported.
- The UK government plans to lift import taxes on palm oil from Malaysia. Now the duty is 12%.
- Over the period of 01.07.2022 – 12.03.2023, 5.7 million tons of rapeseed were imported into the EU (+57% compared to the previous year), including 2.86 million tons from Ukraine and 2.3 million tons from Australia. Sunseed imports were 1.9 million tons, including 1.66 million tonsfrom Ukraine. Deliveries of sunseed oil from Ukraine were 1 million tons (-13%).
- According to USDA data, as of 03/12/2023, 30% of Oklahoma's winter wheat crops were in good and excellent condition (-9% for the week, 24% a year earlier and 42% average over the past five years), as well as 40% in Colorado (-18% from the previous year), 17% in Texas (6% and 23% average over the last five years), 61% in Arkansas (71% and 49%), 64% in Louisiana (66% and 47%), 57% in Mississippi (64% and 48%) and 17% in Kansas (23% and 33%).
- According to Statistics Canada, canola processing in Canada reached 8.8 million tons in 2022 (-1.1 compared to the previous season). From this amount, 5.2 million tons of meal (-0.3) and 3.7 million tons of oil (-0.5) were produced. Soybean processing was 1.9 million tons (1.6), oil production reached 349,200 tons (308,200) and soymeal production was 1.5 million tons (1.3).
- According to AgRural data, as of 03/09/2023 in Brazil, 53% of soybean areas have been harvested (+10% for the week and 64% a year earlier). Firstcorn crop was harvested on 45% of the areas (+9% and 52%), and the sowing of second corn crop has been carried out on 81% of the planned areas (+11% and 94%).
- According to USDA's forecast,the production of oil crops in Turkey will be 3 million tons in 2023/24(-17% compared to 2022/23), includingsunseed production of 1.6 million tons (-0.3). During the October-January period, rainfall in Turkey was 40% below normal.
- Algeria has bought 420,000 tons of soft wheat of any origin at a price of 312 USD/ton C&F and delivery in May. According to some estimates, the actual amount that was bought reaches 500,000 – 600,000 tons.
- Tunisia bought 234,000 tons of milling wheat with delivery in April - May and at a price of 296.48 - 305.69 USD/ton C&F.